Venue Audio Visual & Venue Services Limited conditions of hire for equipment & services
‘The Company’ means Venue Audio Visual or Venue Services Limited ‘The Hirer’ means the legal person with whom the Contract is made by the Company. ‘The Contract’ means the contract between the Company and the Hirer for the rental of equipment. ‘The Company’s premises’ means 11 Barnwell Business Park, Cambridge CB5 8UY or such other premises as may be notified by the Company to the Hirer. ‘The Delivery Date’ means the date that the Equipment is delivered to the Hirer, or the date that the equipment is collected from the Company’s premises, whichever is applicable. ‘The Return Date’ means the date specified in the Contract as the date for collection of the equipment from the Hirer by the Company, or the date that the equipment is delivered by the Hirer to the Company’s premises, whichever is applicable. ‘The Rental Period’ means the period commencing on the Delivery Date and ending on the Return Date.
All orders placed by the Hirer must be in writing and are subject to written confirmation by the Company. No contract shall be initiated until such confirmation is given.
Unless otherwise agreed payment shall be in accordance with the terms indicated in the quotation/contract.
The Company reserves the right to cancel its obligations under the Contract if payment has not been received by the due date.
Credit account customers are required to settle outstanding accounts within 30 days from the invoice date (unless otherwise stated on the invoice). The Company reserves the right to charge interest on overdue accounts (both before and after any judgment) at the rate of 2.0% per month calculated on a daily basis from the due date for payment.
Cancellation of goods and services for an event or pre-booked equipment hire
Cancellation of ordered equipment or services will be charged as follows:
Cancellation 90 days or more before the first day of the Rental Period = 0%
Cancellation more than 14 days but less than 90 days before the first day of the Rental Period = 50%
Cancellation more than 7 days but less than 14 days before the first day of the Rental Period = 75%
Cancellation 7 days or less before the first day of the Rental Period: = 100%
Any decision to waive all or part of the above cancellation fees shall be at the sole discretion of the Company.
Equipment that has been prepared or that is already in transit will be charged at full hire price even if turned away on delivery.
Cancellation of technician services.
Cancelation up to 14 days before a booking = 0%
Cancelation more than 7 days but less than 14 days = 50%
Cancelation 7 days or less = 100%
Delivery & setup
All times or dates quoted for the delivery and setup of the equipment are given in good faith but the Company cannot accept responsibility for delay in delivery howsoever caused.
The hirer will ensure all relevant areas will be available with adequate time for setup and removal of equipment.
The hirer will ensure parking for deliveries and technicians will be made available.
The hirer will reimburse any parking costs or fines caused by lack of adequate provision at the delivery address.
Obligations of the Hirer
The Hirer hereby undertakes and agrees as follows:
(1) To inspect the equipment immediately on receipt and within 12 hours of receipt to notify the Company technician/representative in person or by email or telephone that the equipment is either defective or otherwise not in accordance with the Contract. If no such notification is given the equipment shall be deemed to be complete and in good order and condition and the Hirer shall be bound to accept and pay for the same accordingly.
(2) To use the equipment with all reasonable care and to operate the equipment in accordance with any instructions issued for it.
(3) Not to make any alterations or modifications or attempt to make any repairs to the equipment without the prior written consent of the Company.
(4) To accept responsibility for the duration of the Rental Period for all risks of loss of the equipment or damage thereto and to maintain for the duration of the Rental Period comprehensive insurance on the equipment for its full reinstatement value against all risks of loss or damage.
(5) To indemnify the Company on demand against all costs, charges and expenses suffered by the Company as a result of or in connection with any breach of the Contract by the Hirer. This will include third party requested by the hirer for services such as translators, cameramen or any specialised service for an event.
Late return of the equipment or refused access on collection
Upon expiry of the Rental Period charges at the Company’s standard rates shall continue to be payable until the equipment is returned to the Company. In addition if as a result of late return of equipment under the Contract the Company is obliged to incur additional costs to fulfill any other rental obligations the Company reserves the right to recharge these additional costs to the Hirer.
The Hirer expressly acknowledges that the Company is not the original manufacturer or supplier of the equipment and that the equipment has been selected by the Hirer as suitable for its purpose. The Company's liability for loss or damage arising out of a breach of this Contract shall not in any event exceed the value of that Contract. The Company does not accept liability for any consequential loss or damage arising from the rental of equipment and any express or implied condition is hereby excluded.
The Company shall not be held liable to the Hirer if fulfillment of its obligations under the Contract are prevented or hindered by force majeure. For the purposes of this condition, force majeure shall mean any circumstance beyond the control of the Company.
Each provision of these conditions is to be construed as a separate provision applying and surviving even if for any reason one or another of the said provisions is held inapplicable or unreasonable in any circumstances
The Hirer shall be liable to the Company in respect of all work carried out by the Company subject to these Conditions of Hire whether or not such Hirer purports to Contract as an agent. The Hirer may not without the express prior written agreement of the Company assign the benefit or burden of any Contract with the Company.
The Contract shall be governed by the laws of England and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts. Any disputes arising hereunder shall be settled by the courts in Cambridge.